Thursday, December 3, 2009

These five did it for me














Canon EOS Rebel XS, 75-300mm telephoto lens, ISO 320, 300mm, f/7.1 at 1/400 sec

This was my favorite bird shot.  It was partially luck, I'll admit, but I love where I froze the pelican's wings here.  A couple making the best of a rained-on date.  What could be better?





Canon EOS Rebel XS, 75-300mm telephoto lens, ISO 200, 75mm, f/5.6 at 1/200 sec

The spartan beauty of Belle View, VA as the year ends.  This is what it's like to be there.  As photography is the "honest" medium, that's what I hope to accomplish.  I simply love my hometown, any time of year, and want to share that with others.





Canon EOS Rebel XS, 18-55mm lens, ISO 400, 48mm, f/5.6 at 1/60 sec

I've been taken in with depth of field stuff.  I love the close ups with the blurred out background.  Photography class has definitely given me some new shooting ideas, and it's opened up a whole world of possibilities that I never really gave much consideration.




Canon EOS Rebel XS, 18-55mm lens, ISO 200, 55mm, f/8 at 1/200 sec

THIS is the bay on a gray, rainy day.  The oyster basket was genuinely just sitting there, as so often you'll find.  The very tip of St. Mary's Co., MD is where you'll find the natural, wild Middle Bay finally reaching civilization.  Again, I hope it's not only me, but I was hoping that others could see just how fine the sands of the bay are, running through your hands as soon as you touch them, the unique color of the water, how violent the tranquil little tides of the bay can be, and the gloomy but strangely optimistic grayness that hung overhead.





Canon EOS Rebel XS, 18-55mm lens, ISO 200, 55mm, f/8 at 1/120 sec

No comment.  This is the view from my home, Belle View.  I live right by the water, and this image shaped me as a person, growing up, learning how to laugh, love, create, and dream.  It still makes me a bit teary eyed.  I hope others were able to enjoy 1/100000 the satisfaction I do from this truly remarkable place.

No comments:

Post a Comment